Related posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A word about food...(okay, quite a few words)

I don't believe I have shared my food philosophy with you yet, my lovelies.  In a single phrase-WHOLE FOODS-and I am not referring to the supermarket chain (although I do like to go there very much).  Whenever possible, I like to make food using fresh, organic, unprocessed ingredients.  This means as many fresh fruits and veggies as I can find, and those that are in season.  I mean really how appropriate does a tomato (all pale and sad) taste in the dead of winter?  Compared to how it tastes in the height of summer?  


Where I live, is not the most whole food friendly area.  Organic is hard to find and the nearest Whole Foods supermarket is an hour away.  But, during the summer we have a very small farmer's market that is open once a week.  And, the local supermarkets do have a small organic selection in the produce section.  Yes, I pay more, but I have the peace of mind that my family and I are not consuming really scary pesticides, herbicides, and genetically modified food.  We also know that we are voting with our pocket book to keep the organic food markets viable against the mega agribusinesses.  Don't know what the heck I am talking about? Watch Food Inc. then watch King Corn. They are disturbing films, but stick with it.  Know where your food comes from.  Eat responsibly.


Aren't sure what this means for you when you are walking down the grocery aisles?  Here is a handy chart to help you figure it out.



Courtesy of Summer Tomato

Feeling confident about your food choices, now? I hope so! Remember, a healthy inside creates the most beautiful outside.  No, seriously! A study conducted in the UK, found that while people found a "healthy glow" attractive, this glow was achieved best by eating fresh fruits and veggies rather than by tanning.  So, eat well and be beautiful, my lovelies!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment